Sunday, January 4, 2004

"The Screw of Damnation." Ha!

"You look like a fat man in dire need of an ass-brusin'!"

(The above quotes are from the last Aqua Teen Hunger Force of 2003.)

I'm kinda loopy on Nyquil now, so there's no real reason for this post. Just some late-night cleaning out of the cobwebs before sleep.

Lots of football this weekend, and I slept through/ignored most of it. Without the Dolphins in the playoffs, those games have no meaning to me. And we all know the BCS system is a sham, so why even give them any of my time? I will admit to watching part of the BCS Championship tonight, but only to pull for LSU. F*ck the Sooners, and their bogus #1 ranking.

I am doing battle with a ridiculous cold, that I am beating back with Nyquil. Consequently, I am sleeping like an elderly bear. I have to say, it's a good feeling, as I usually deprive myself of sleep. On the other hand, I haven't done much with my weekend except for go shopping (foodstuffs and medicine) and hit the gym a couple of times.

I've also finished True Crime: Streets of LA and have started Manhunt. True Crime was fun, if a bit repetitive after a while. It also doesn't take very long to play through, and I did all three endings. But, it was fun while it lasted. Don't know how often I'll go back to it, though.

Not too far into Manhunt, so I can't say if this is the off-the-charts gorefest many of the reviews make it out to be. I will say that I don't think it's something I could play for long intervals. There's only so much sneaking around and thug-butchering I can do in one sitting. Though, I must say that from what I've played so far, Rock Star North deserves credit for really trying to put together a unique gameplaying experience. We'll see if it is a complete success, but so far, so good.