Sunday, February 2, 2003

So it basically went down like this:

"I love you."
"And I, you."

That's six words, and two of the words are repeated. So really, it's four words. But they were incredibly transformative, and took an incredible amount of nerve to get them out. I'd never been the first to initiate this phase in a relationship before, and I'm still kinda shocked that I did it this time. To quote Seinfeld, "'cause if you don't get that return, that's a pretty big matzoh ball hanging out there." But as it turns out, my anxiety (in this instance, anyway) was for nothing. Seems she'd been biting her tongue on the same thing for about a week.

So what does it all mean? For now, that we're both incredibly happy. For the future, who the hell knows? (Insert standard cliche about it's the journey, not the destination, etc.)

And now in a subject completely unrelated to the preceding (and naughty to boot, so please be 18 before clicking the link), I used to work with this girl. What a crazy world, eh?

Before I get myself to bed, I should say that this post may come down (or at least be edited) if it does not get the proper (after-the-fact, obviously) clearances from all parties involved. So enjoy this bootleg version while you can.