Wednesday, February 19, 2003

In case you haven't heard, it snowed like a motherfucker in these parts.

Sorry it's taken a week to get another post in this thing. Between snow and a four-day road trip to Melinda's (the trip extended due to the snow), it's been busy. (My apologies if this post comes out sounding distracted...I'm watching Chapelle's Show, and as always, it's funny shit.)

The stay at Melinda's was wonderful. I cannot believe how lucky I am, I honestly can't. We basically just kicked about, cooking (blueberry pancakes with a butter pecan maple syrup, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and a potato florentine soup that was amazing), playing games (we almost picked up Stratego!), watching movies (Waking Life, a great film by Richard Linklater, and State and Main, the most recent offering from David Mamet, which was hilarious), and being obnoxiously cute. She even cut my hair! It was just so much fun...it makes coming home to the spot even harder than usual.

Oh, before I forget, I did wind up going to see Hanne at Atomic Books and picking up her newest erotic work, Unruly Appetites. I haven't started it yet, as I'm still working on the Azerrad book, but I shall get to it soon enough. Hanne was as cool as I expected and if she's in a city near you, I suggest you pay her a visit and pick up a book or two.

Also picked up at Atomic Books: five issues of Dork (by the always brilliant Evan Dorkin) and ST 37's Down On Us for me, while Melinda picked up Christopher Moore's Lamb and a magnetic Sock Monkey courtesy of Tony Millionaire. Actually...Melinda picked it all up, because she's just that awesome.

We then went to Paper Moon for dinner, which was tasty, and had an absolutely evil looking dessert case. (Surprisingly, the Decadent Twins--as Melinda has dubbed us--did not partake.)

Anyway...where was I? Jesus...lost the point.

Tonight, met up with Melinda for dinner and then did a mini-binge on music. Just three discs, Out Hud's S.T.R.E.E.T.D.A.D., the Delgados Hate, and Q and Not U's No Kill No Beep Beep. It was hard keeping it to three, as the new Cat Power, the new Dirty Three, and new Calexico discs are out. Not to mention morbid curiosity has me wanting the Zwan disc.

And somewhere in all of the last week, I also got a reply from the FBI, saying that I met the minimum requirements for a job I applied to several months back. So they're going to forward it for further review. We'll see.

That about wraps things up. I'd like to thank my guests, Dr. Ruth Westheimer, Dr. Joyce Brothers, Joan Embrey, and of course, Charo. Coochie coochie!