Saturday, February 8, 2003

Well, the angst is gone, only to be replaced by a cold. If it weren't for the fact that I kinda like sneezing, I would absolutely hate colds. Mostly, they are just really annoying. But it could be worse. My mother is currently suffering from gastroenteritis and pancreatitis. My youngest sister may also be battling the former. My poor family. It totally blew up my plans to see the family this weekend. Even though mom is starting to feel better, I can't really afford to catch that. No health care benefits and all. I did call in sick today, which means I lose money, but I could afford it. I wound up napping and gaming and reading the whole day. (Reading "Our Band Could Be Your Life" by Michael Azerrad, and it's an awesome read, especially for such an indie geek like me.)

What else...well, my goil is visiting friends in Virginia, acting as the decoy in some insidious surprise party plot. Good for her. Acting! (Where have you gone, Jon Lovitz?) So I have the weekend by myself, which is good. I won't spread sickness, will be able to just rest and recover, and besides, this is a good test of our mettle. We'd spent the last 3 weekends together, and were being total dorks about not spending this one together. Sure, it's cute and all. (Well, if you're us. Ha! Take that!) But you know, it's just a weekend. Small potatoes, knaa'mean?

Other things: I may be going to Atomic Books this coming Thursday for a book signing by Hanne Blank, who you may know from a previous plug of Nibblechomp in this here blog. She'll be signing her new erotica collection, Unruly Appetites. I have Zaftig: Well Rounded Erotica, which she edited, and it's a quality (pronounced "qualitah") read. Of course, this is contigent upon how late I have to work, since it's in Baltimore and starts at 7. Oh yeah, I guess it also depends on if mi mu�equita would also be gracious enough to take me. This, too, is contingent upon how early she gets off from work, since she works even later than I do. (Sweetie, if you're reading this, I was totally going to ask you, and not just assume you would.)

Also, if we can swing it, me and the boys might be rolling to Lulu's for a special event: "The Search for DC's Girl Who Went the Wildest!" That's right, Girls Gone Wild is rolling into town on Feb. 18th. That should be quite a night, if we wind up going (and getting in, which will be a tough task, I'm sure).

That's about it. I'm going to hang out with Ali tomorrow if I'm feeling better, and will be meeting up with my friend Beth next Wednesday to hang out, something I haven't done in over a year, only seeing her on the random occasions where we'd bump into each other on the street. I'm looking forward to it. I am really going to try to get in touch with all of the people I lost track with in the last year due to financial problems and depression.

And now I really have to go, because the "Uncle Pecos" episode of Tom and Jerry is starting, and that is a CLASSIC. "Froggy went-a courtin' and he did ride...C-C-C-Crambone!" Ciao!