Saturday, January 4, 2003

Mmmmm...fruity Pebbles.

First off: go Buckeyes! For those of you who aren't college football inclined, the Ohio State Buckeyes won the national championship last night, beating the Miami Hurricanes (my other favorite college football team, so the game was really a no-lose situation for me) in a thrilling overtime game. Unless Jim Tressel doesn't win a game the next two seasons combined, I have a feeling the man is going to be in Columbus for a long time. In just two years, he's beaten Michigan twice and won a national championship. The man is simply a great coach. All those titles with the YSU Penguins, and now a national championship with the Buckeyes. Of course, due to this success, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some offers from the NFL soon. Which would be a shame, because I think he is just a great fit for Ohio State. But hey, if the players' dreams are to be in the NFL one day, why shouldn't that be the dream of the coach as well? Anyway, congratulations Buckeyes! You earned it.

What else? Oh, yeah, today, January 4th, 2003, I will attempt to put my house into working order. Clean, clean, clean. It really needs to be done, but first I need to be motivated. Right now, I'm only motivated toward evil.

I had the weirdest dream last night (what? you need a proper transition? bah!). Actually, only parts of the dream were weird (and memorable). Weirdness one: I had this 45 (you remember vinyl, don'tcha kids?), but it was edible. It wasn't made of pure sugar, because it wasn't sweet. It was just....edible. The weirder part? It regenerated after having bites taken out of it. Bizarre.

Weirdness two: Carl (aka Tommy Sands) was nearly killed by Bigfoot. We were riding along (in what kind of vehicle, I don't remember. It may have been one of those bicycles built for four, because Jamie, Jarod and I were also there), since I remember Carl getting snatched off the back of it and hurled headlong into an approaching semi-truck. Very freaky. I remember Bigfoot getting plowed into after that, but there was no body, so it was thought he escaped. Meanwhile, we couldn't get close enough to Carl (a crowd had formed) to find out if he was dead. But he wound up being alive later, so I guess it all worked out.

And I also remember my sister (Danielle) planning to drive to Canada and I had to cover for her.

Anyway....Canada, Bigfoot and Carl...that could qualify as a nightmare in my book. I've really got to start going to bed earlier and not having snacks before I do.

Okay, I've wasted enough time here. Time to clean. I think I'll start with myself and hop in the shower. Hopefully, that will be enough to drive me to cleaning the rest of this dingy abode.

Feh.