Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Welcome to 2005.

Have been banged up the last couple of days, riding out some mild food poisoning. Consequently, blogging is not particularly high on the list of things to do when I'm home. But, thought I'd say a few words, welcome the rabble to a new year here at the clown college known as The Damian Vegas Experience (DVX in shorthand).

First, I'd like to say how much I'm enjoying (from the little I've seen; I've been napping most of this evening) USC putting a beating on Oklahoma. I'm not really a USC fan, but for some reason, I don't like Oklahoma. I have no reason. Just a hater, I guess.

The year wound up very nicely, I must say. Family-wise, this is without question one of the best Christmases I've had in some time. Everybody was there, there was no drama, and everybody seemed really happy. Plus, my nephew and I spent a lot of time together. That's always a good thing.

Work has been pretty busy, as to be expected for this time of the year in an accounting office. I will say, however, that stress-wise, it is nowhere near what I was expecting, which is a huge godsend. This food poisoning nonsense was bad enough. But if the stress had even approached last year's levels, I would have quit on the spot and probably released some of my gastro-ick in the director's office as a parting shot. (For the record, the offending food was mashed potatoes; I can't believe one of my favorite foods turned on me!)

The New Year's Eve celebration was also low-key, but very nice. JG and I made the trip up to Emmaus, where we dove into 2005 with JW, CE and his family. No twinkies were deep-fried, but I did have some apple pucker. So things balanced out.

The football season has ended. That means the fantasy football season has ended as well. Once again, I sucked in the league that counted ($$$) and won my non-money Yahoo league. Oh well, I had fun anyway.

Shameless plug: check out Missives to the Masses, SR's re-invention of his blog. It's a quality, well-written read.

Getting kinda scattered here (I mean, even for this blog), so I'm wrapping it up. Best wishes for the new year to my friends. And to my enemies: crabs. Mutant crabs laying waste to your genitalia. Resolution #1: no pulling punches in 2005! I rule you!