Thursday, October 2, 2003

A few days later. Not much to report. Near meltdown at work. Possible raise coming because of it. (Funny how that works.) Might be getting my niece this weekend, and not a moment too soon. Stress and events from the last couple of weeks have gotten me into a bit of a funk. Quality time with my niece always helps melt that stress away. Unlike quality time with the boy (my nephew), who I adore as much as he adores his uncle, but he is like the Tasmanian Devil and I am so many trees in the forest being leveled by his whirlwind. I feel bad saying that, but frankly, he's more than I can handle right now. Hopefully in the future, he can come hang out with his uncle D. I do miss him, too.

Anyway...like I said...been a ball of stress, and I've been venting it on the PS2, playing the shit out of Soul Caliber 2. It's fun. The artwork is beautiful, and the gameplay is easier to pick up than I expected. The design is such that a masher like myself can come in and be somewhat successful, while at the same time rewarding the more skilled player with powerful combos and such. A solid pick up. I don't have many fighting games, but I'm certainly glad I have this one. Thanks, Desiree! (My sister who bought me the game.)

Outside of that, not much to report. The A's have a 2-0 lead in their series with the Red Sox, which is awesome. I just wish I hadn't stayed up until 2 last night watching game 1. And I didn't even get to see the end! Stupid extra innings.

Also been rockin' my new hoodie something fierce, since the weather has cooled down immensely. So I got that going for me.

To sum up:

Melancholy, soon to be dissolved by niece's visit.
Go A's!
Damn I look good in a hoodie.

Thank you and good night.