Monday, October 13, 2003

Let me holla atcha playa. Now, the weekend done come and gone and Vegas is still standing. That can only be a good thing. And what did the weekend bring? Let me break it down for you.

First off, the high point: on Saturday night, I got together with the boys (that being Carl O, Jamie, and Jarod) and watched--for the first time ever--The Terminator and T2. That is some solid moviemaking, belie' dat. It's full of action, dated fashion (in the case of The Terminator), and hilarious quotes. With beer, snacks, and an endless stream of wisecracks, the experience was top-notch.

The low point? Um, my fantasy football team lost again? That's a stretch, but really, the weekend wasn't bad at all.

The other significant part of the weekend was my niece's birthday party. Lots of kids running around and having fun, a ton of gifts (my niece got enough outfits to fill out Diana Ross' closet), and a chance to be with my family, which was nice. Sure, I don't have a lot in common with my in-laws, but they're mostly nice people, so it's not really awkward.

So that was fun. And the Dolphins won. That's also fun. Ohio State did not, but the Hurricanes did, so that's a wash. Overall, a solid weekend with very little negative to speak of. If only every day could be described as such.

C'est tout. A bientot.