Tuesday, October 7, 2003

Well, the weekend has come and gone. Nothing to report. I wound up not getting my niece for the night, as my father decided to take on both kids. I haven't checked in with him to see if he survived. The odds weren't in his favor. But he's a trooper. I'm sure he managed it. But those kids, as adorable as they are, can be a formidable tag team. We're talking Hart Foundation lethal.

So what did I do with my suddenly free weekend. Not much, really. Gamed, shopped, and did a lot of thinking. Ever since the events of a couple of weeks ago, I am doing more thinking then I ever did the months prior. Is that ironic? I don't know. But it's strange. And do not confuse introspection with moping. Lord knows that's an easy mistake to make. I've just been think-y, for lack of a better word. Some of it is the usual 20-20 hindsight self-delusion. I could have done this, I should have done that. Utter nonsense. Another part of it is trying to get to my feelings. Was the casualness genuine or a defense? Imagined vs. legitimate potential, which naturally divides down optimist/pessimist lines. But the larger focus is on what's next. The incompleteness of the feelings I have now are proving a bit of a hindrance. Yet, more than anything, I want to just move on. It's the questions that anchor me.

Which is why I turn to this blog, because it lets me untangle some of these thoughts. It's better than taking them with me to work, which is growing increasingly intolerable, or taking them with me when I hang with friends, which would just suck the life out of the party. (Like a bunch of ducks on the back porch.) Even if I don't articulate much in terms of specifics here, it still feels productive because I'm getting it out in some capacity. That's much better than the alternative.

So that's what's going on 'round here. Football was good. (Go Dolphins!) Baseball was not. (Fucking A's!) Plus, I picked up the first two Van Halen albums this weekend. Rock and roll!

Ack...more fun, I swear. It'll come.

Also, if anybody reads this and is a fan of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force (and who I don't already know, jackass), any suggestions on how to create a Meatwad mask?

Solid.