Thursday, September 25, 2003

Wow. What an evening.

So, as I posted previously, Melinda and I broke up. What I didn't say was that it happened over the phone. Now, this wasn't her calling me and dumping me or vice-versa. Actually, how it started was that she had called to invite me to brunch. She left a message, and when I listened to it, it sounded like she might have something to say. So when I called her back, I kind of coaxed her into coming out with it. If there's one thing I can't do, it's wait for the other shoe to drop.

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday. I email her, asking if she wants to meet, because there are a lot of things I'd like to say, questions I want to ask, and I'd like to do it face-to-face. She agrees, and we set to meet for tonight.

We met just after 6:30 and talked until around 9:15. It was something. (Eloquent, ain't I?) But, I put it all out there. Every issue (few though they may have been) that I had, every question that I needed to ask. And while not everything was answered, I was satisfied with what was discussed. We also arrived at the same conclusions: we wished we had brought these things up before so that this didn't have to happen, but it does have to happen. She's just got too many issues to be in a relationship, and she needs to figure them out.

I know, I know...you're reading that (well...it's possible somebody is reading it. I know my man CO did once and even called me to check up...pussy. Just kidding. Thanks, man.) and wondering if the door is open on the future. Honestly, I don't know. I don't really think so, but stranger things have happened. Is it something I'm going to hold out for? Of course not. At this point, it's not even something I want. But circumstances sometimes collude and produce unlikely results. As always, I'll keep you posted.

Army of one,
Vega$