Thursday, September 4, 2003

Re-Birth of a Nation - I read about this a while back and thought it was cool. Good to see it's going to be in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it there or not. At the moment, I will be going to the Small Press Expo that afternoon, possibly with my friend, Carl. Depending on what time we get there (if he goes) and what we plan after, I may not be able to make this. Also, if Melinda isn't in hibernation (the poor thing is being ground to a pulp by an unrelenting work schedule), we may do something that evening. I may be able to talk her into this, though, I think she'd rather do something low-key.

Also, may be going to see Mogwai at the 9:30 next week. I haven't seen them in quite some time (probably right after Come On Die Young came out), so it would be nice to see them again. They're an excellent (and uber-loud) show.

Football season started tonight (yay!). As I type this, the 'Skins are beating the Jets (double-yay! Fuck you, Jets!). Of course, the real fun in the football season is hanging out with the boys and talking mountains of smack, particular as we watch our Fantasy Football (glayven!) hopes unfold for that week. I hereby declare that I will win it all this season, and use the money to take a much needed vacation. Shit, for the amount of the prize money, Hawaii may even be an option.

And speaking of football and winning it all: it's the Dolphins year, baby! Belie' dat!

(Did I just jinx them?)