Monday, May 26, 2003

Damn...I can't believe how long it's been. I used to be really into this blog thing, but lately, I'm so lazy about it, that when I do decide to post something, I'm either at a loss as far as what to post, or there's so much that has happened, that the laziness kicks in, and I don't feel like going into all of it.

Anyway...once again, a lot has happened, a lot is going to happen, and I'm so damn lazy, I won't touch most of it.

Things with Melinda are better (sorry to have freaked you out, Andree). She has so much drama going on in her life that it's amazing that she can even tolerate my shenanigans for a mere nanosecond, let alone nights or weekends together. I'm just lucky that way. Either that, or she's certifiably insane and can't tell that I am, too. ;-) Anyway, things are going well. There are some hiccups, sure, but nothing that's sending me toward the panic button like the last time. There's just a lot less pressure and we're doing better for it. The relationship-intensity thing can be quite a snag, because it's always born out of something good, like being in love and wanting tp spend time together. But the thing about that is, it can throw your life out of balance, and that's no way to live.

In other news, my sister Danielle will be crossing the stage for her high school graduation this coming Friday. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of her. Not that I ever doubted she would, it's just one of those golly-gee my sister is a woman moments. She's such a genuinely good person, as is my other sister (Desiree), that's it seems miraculous to me that they made it this far, considering their childhood included me as their older brother. (Hint: That's only half self-deprecating wit.)

So...she's graduating...Desiree is starting a new job at the beginning of June, and to top it all off, it looks like Big Lou (that would be my father, for those of you not in the know) will be living in the area starting this fall, as he will be teaching at the same high school as my mother! That has sitcom material written all over it. Luckily, they get along well, so the hilarity will probably kept to a minimum.

Also, it looks like I might be doing some travelling this year. My target is a July 17th-20th visit to the great city of Austin, Texas, to visit Angie and Che and Marcus and soon-to-be-born Spencer, plus Chuy and Sam (their dogs). I haven't seen Che since the day of Marcus' birth, which was back on August 2, 1999. I haven't seen Angie since September of that year at Kristy and Adam's wedding.

Speaking of weddings...this weekend marked the 6 year anniversary of Mark and Ana's and the 5 year anniversary of Angie and Che (they got married on Memorial Day weekend, one year apart). Nuts...I forgot to send them cards. Sigh...

And speaking of Kristy and Adam, I am aiming for a Labor Day trip to Chicago to see them, Liz, and Greg.

And while we're on the subject (sorta) of Liz, congratulations to her on her cover story for the Chicago Reader on the life and upcoming biography of MFK Fisher. It's a great read and worth your time to find if you're in the Chicago area. (Sadly, the web version of the Reader doesn't carry the print stuff. Pah.)

I think that's all. Yep. That's all.

A fighting champion,
Damian Vega$