Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Mmmmmm...smoky.

Well, let's see, since the last time I posted, we've gone to war, the NCAA basketball tournament has begun, and I've spent even more time with the lovely Melinda. Such a whirlwind of emotions.

Anyway...yes, I'm smoky. I just got back from the Black Cat, where I saw the most impressive Hella, the equally qualitah Quails, and the fine Aisler's Set. A good show in a week of good shows. Sadly, I didna budget properly, so this is the only one I could catch. Sunday saw Calexico and Nina Nistasia play the main stage of the Black Cat while the might Vandermark 5 were on the back stage. Monday was the Television concert at the 9:30, tomorrow is the Engine Down/Dame Fate show at the Black Cat, and Thursday is Cursive/Minus the Bear, also at the Black Cat. *sigh*....not enough money.

Back to tonight's show...hung out with Beth and her friends, including Erin. This time, I was very friendly to Erin, but not so much that her husband would want to kick my ass. (For those of you who have been reading the blog for a while, you'll know why I even mention this.) Good to hang out with Beth, and I may be doing it more since she invited me to come to a pub trivia night with her in the future. Fun.

You know, I wish they would bring back the Indie Rock Flea Market.

Other than the above, not much else to report. Spending lots of quality time with Melinda and thinking about my future. Trying not to get into the usual depressive funk I get into when I think about the future, and so far, so good. I owe a lot of my recent peace of mind to mi amorcita. Te amo mucho, conejita.

Okay...sorry...I don't usually get this mushy in a "public" forum, but I'm just feeling it.

Also, big hugs to Liz, who has been down lately. I'm thinking about ya, kid. Have a blast in NYC.

And I'm spent. Goodnight!