Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Fuckin' A...it's been 2 weeks again. Ugh. What to do? What to say?

First, go to Evan's Journal here. Read the bit on "Ban the !" Quality writing there (typos and all).

Also, you go now! Now! To this site. Thanks to Liz for providing it.

Nothing much more to report. Went home this past weekend for my sister's 25th birthday. That was quality time. I love those kids. They make me hate you all a lot less when I'm in their presence. Another one night sleepover. I haven't done a full weekend (Xmas doesn't count) at home in a while. I really should stay more than a day the next time, which is in a few weeks for my other sister's 18th birthday and my mother's nth (I would never divulge such sensitive information) birthday.

Things with Melinda are going well...oh, I guess I do have something to report. On the weekend of the 7th/8th, I met her family and friends for the first time. She had a party for her grandmother, essentially so that she could meet all of her friends. Her family is wonderful, and made me feel very at ease, which was necessary, as I was this furious ball of anxiety up until that point. And all of her friends were very nice and pleasant. Overall, the weekend turned out much better than I thought it would, and I feel much closer to Melinda as a result. Plus, I had some mad tasty tostones and some quali-tah desserts (especially the pineapple upside down cake...big ups to Nyree on that one).

I also have been having kinda confrontational dreams lately, culminating in a dream about us nuking Iraq. I saw the mushroom clouds and everything. Great...during the Cold War, I never suffered from nuke-yu-lar paranoia. Now it's seeped into my dreams. Fuck.

Speaking of which...when's that war starting? You'd think they'd postpone it because of the NCAA tournament...but, I guess there are larger priorities. Bah. This will be the year I win the damn thing and then we get nuked into oblivion. I apologize in advance for jinxing humanity.

Bonne nuit, mes amis.