Tuesday, October 8, 2002

Hello, hello. I had a random person take the girlfriend quiz (link is on the left, fool!), so I figured I'd do something web-related, to justify my existence for the day.

And what a world I exist in! It's psychic death at work, which carries over to my home life, leaving with me just enough energy to turn on my television. Then, as I stare at the screen (assuming I don't have "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law" playing or have my PS2 turned on), I am inundated with images of death in my nice little town. You see, it seems some clown has taken it upon himself to go around playing sniper and killing random people. Granted, his little killing spree is just outside my periphery (I'm in downtown D.C.), but how long before he decides to wander further into the district?

I wasn't afraid of another terrorist attack or anthrax poisoning (because I figured the government, after letting a couple slip past the goalie, would be on total lockdown), and I don't really fear West Nile, even though a couple of people have died in the area. But I am a little bit scared by this. It's so random. I walk 20 minutes to work every morning, and 20 minutes back at night, and it feels like the longest walk now. My eyes are darting around, and whenever I have to stop because of traffic, I feel myself kinda pacing in my little area, as if that would save me. It's really rather frightening. A faceless killer always is. I can't believe this clown has intruded upon my bathos so.

My niece turns one this Saturday. I'll be going to her birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. Between going there for goofy fun with my friend Mark and going with my nephew and niece, I've been to Chuck E. Cheese more as an adult than I did as a kid. And that includes trips to Showbiz Pizza Palace, which we had more of than Chuck E. Cheese where I grew up.

What else you ask? Nothing, really. Almost finished with Final Fantasy X, and have started (barely) Kingdom Hearts. I think I will try conquering Medal of Honor next. Mmmmmmmmm....nerdly.

C'est tout.