Monday, April 22, 2002

Okay, so it's been a few days since I updated this. I'm sure my many fans out there were unable to sleep due to this tragic turn of events. But, I'm back, and you can stop your crying.

Hey! Speaking of "Stop Your Crying," (I swear, I didn't plan this cheesy segue ahead of time), I saw Spiritualized this past weekend. They played with B.R.M.C., who thoroughly underwhelmed me. But Spiritualized rocked (as my townfolk say). For those Spiritualized fans out there, this is the set they played:

Electricity
Shine A Light
Electric Mainline
On Fire
Out of Sight
So Hot (Wash Away All of My Tears)
Walkin With Jesus
Medication
Take Your Time
Broken Heart
I Think I'm In Love
Don't Just Do Something (my favorite current Spiritualized song)
Come Together
Thing'll Never Be the Same
Lord, Can You Hear Me (this was the encore)

Also spent way too much time in front of the television watching the NFL Draft. (Go Dolphins!) It's a sickness, but dammit, I don't care. I looooooove football. (For best effect, think of Seann William Scott saying it as his character from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.)

The other high point of my weekend? WWF Backlash, which saw Hulkamania return to all its glory. That, my friends, is a shame. We can only hope it will be short-lived. Nothing personal against Hogan, but he just can't put on a good match anymore. But, the public wanted it, so there it is. It's too bad Paul Orndorff can't go full-on in the ring any more. I'd love to see Mr. Wonderful come back, just to feud with Hogan. They could start a whole "Seniors" division and let them battle it out in the middle of the card at house shows and on TV. I'd pay to see that. Nostalgia has its place, just not at the top of the card.