Thursday, March 1, 2007

Oh, Happy Day

...and to top it all off, I walked all the way home with some unfortunate scrunching and no opportunies to adjust.

***

Usually, with a day like today, I'd be using this space to wax psychotic about all the pain I'd like to inflict, in fantastic detail, on the next person who brushed me on the sidewalk. But that would mean reliving the work day, and I've already had my fill of experiencing it, not to mention writing about it, so we just go to the big finish.

On the plus side, I'll be putting off unpacking for another day. Ditto my haircut, which is actually the greater tragedy.

Weirdly, you know what was perfectly listening for my uncomfortable walk home? Ministry. In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up to be specific. "So What?" to be even more specific. Ministry is a live concert I think everybody should experience. Or it used to be. Honestly, I don't know what they are like these days.

Now I'm listening to "London Bridge." I think I'm pretty close to being unwound.

And finally, an endorsement: pick up American Born Chinese by Gene Yang. It got a mention in Decibel's end of year wrap up of comics, and after a little more research, I decided to give it a go. It was worth it. I should probably re-read it to give it a proper review, since the first read through was focused less on the art and more on the narrative, which was told with subtlety (yes, even in the uncomfortably hilarious shadow of living stereotype, Cousin Chin-Kee), humor, and affection.

Hopefully, there will be more on this, other recent text adventures (including Fermat and two-thirds of Michael Marshall's Straw Men trilogy), the PA-trip, and music, though that will probably be over on Musica Generica. I might even talk about my total divalicious shopping spree. Or not.