Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Well, let's see. I've got a belly full of beer (Super Mug!) and bar food, a cold, and a bit of the old sleep deprivation. Now, obviously, is not the time to recount the Nashville trip.

However, as teasers, I give you some choice lines:

"Prostitutes? I thought you said Protestants!"

"I'm sorry. I don't speak Flemish."

"I'm pretty sure you willed that girl into existence."

"Go back to Philadelphia!" (And JG's too late but still funnier than "jerkstore!" comeback: "If by Philadelphia you mean Syracuse...")

"Dokun Akingbade in for Pops Mensah-Bonsu." (It helps if you know how to pronounce the former.)

"I posted up Luke Schenscher!"

"You know the secret handshake. Just fix this!"

And etc.

After the torrid tales of Nashville, I believe I will be taking a break from this blog in order to get focus on some other things going on 'round these parts. Fortunately, I've been conditioning you, the loyal reader, for this for some time now. And you thought the slow trickle of posts was a sign of laziness and indifference. Ha! If I come across something that I absolutely need to talk about, I'll post it here. Otherwise, I'll likely only be posting over at MG, as I have a few albums/issues I want to discuss. I'm also aiming for a new site design here, though that is certainly not a priority.