Tuesday, July 9, 2002

*yawn*

Man, the time just flies by. It's already been nearly two weeks since my last post, and I have to say, not a whole lot has happened since then. (You've probably noticed that pattern, if in fact anybody is reading this here blog.) I went home this past weekend and visited my family. Got to play with my nephew and niece, who are the two most beautiful children in the world. Arianna is walking and Aaron was his usual smartass, adorable self. Though, he is sporting a much closer haircut these days. He can pull it off. I, on the other hand, would look like the kid who punches himself in the head in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (it's a deleted scene for those of you scratching your head on the reference), but without safety helmet. Oh well.

I've also been spending waaaaay too much time at Cam Whores. Before you become Judgy McPuritan on me, I should point out that this is more about capturing the mundane (well, beautifully packaged mundane) than titillation. It's basically people (okay, mostly women) who sit in front of their webcams and talk with the members in various states of (un)dress. (I'm not a member; I may need a little more interaction, but spending $20 a month isn't the way to get it. So I haven't talked to anybody at the site.) Yes, they do occasionally get naked, and apparently things get a bit naughtier during members-only private shows, but I'm not drawn in by any of that. I just....watch. I have no problem admitting I have a voyeuristic side, but even I'm surprised at the number of times I've stopped by that site, just to see who is around. My favorites are ArtFag, Carrot Cake, Doll-O-Matic, and Tousled Elegance. Beautiful, all.

Other than that, ain't much more to report. 4th of July was great. Spent it with the Obergs and J. Kelly, drinking and eating and causing suburban mayhem in the Obergs tasteful new digs. Carl got blitzed and booted at 2 am. Hilarious. And I've been listening to the shit out of the new Sonic Youth disc. Go pick it up if you can. Solid.

Hey, Monica. If you're reading this, just wanted to say I'm sorry I've been incommunicado lately. I'll be in touch soon. Hope you're feeling well!

Peace and hair grease, ya'll.