Thursday, June 27, 2002

Well, it's been 3 weeks since I last posted on here, and not much has changed besides my mood. I've been feeling (and here comes some pathetic emo-sounding angst) kinda down the last few days. I'm not sure why; probably a chemical imbalance. And watching "Hookers at the Point" on HBO for the umpteenth time isn't helping. There's something sad about seeing a girl-who stopped stripping because she wanted to maintain some shred of dignity (she didn't want to "drop her bottoms")-become a crack-whore. I should crack a book or something.

Anyway, it hasn't been a series of down notes, like The Empire Strikes Back (c'mon, name the movie). I've picked up some great music (including the new Sonic Youth album, which was the subject of my last post) and a couple of books I'm excited about reading (or have started in the case of "Dance of Days"). But something is missing.

Finally, let me wrap up this brief post by giving a shout to my girl Monica, who moved back to New Jersey today. Remember, it's only for a little while until things get better. You'll be back in L.A. in no time, kid.