Thursday, October 27, 2005

Everybody Loves Bob Pollard

I signed up (and failed...like a few of my friends) for NaNoWriMo last year. Honestly, if I had the means, I'd try this next month. I mean, how could something I put together in a month be any less legitimate than the entire Joanna Newsom discography? (Awww, I'm such a hater.)

***

South Side! Congratulations to the 2005 champions of Major League Baseball, the Chicago White Sox!

***

Now that this whole baseball nonsense is over, can we please concentrate on real sports? Jesus.

***

Go Hawks! Marvin Williams for Rookie of the Year!

***

Why Not Rosenfels? You know, that's what I've been saying all along.


In all seriousness...that was a truly excellent World Series. Any time the lesser Sox and the Yankees are at home with their thumbs up their asses instead of getting media reacharounds and worthless inches of newspaper ink is okay by me, but this was actually a great series, low ratings be damned. I don't really care about all of the "this is the way the game is supposed to be played" rhapsodizing that's happening, as it did when the Pats won the Super Bowl and the Spurs won the NBA championship, because I don't have as big a gripe with modern sports as most people do. However, I'll never have a problem when "underdogs" (which, if examined closely, really shouldn't be applied to the White Sox, since they went wire to wire) grab the spotlight.

***

Who's ready for some sweet Halloween action? This guy is. The champ is here, y'all...