Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Have been blogging a bit too much about death lately. Let's see if we can change that.

A quick rehasing. The last couple of weeks have been about dealing with the flu and its aftermath. That was kinda ass. It's also been about not doing much of anything at work (and still getting paid; fancy that). The benefit of boss vacation, don'tcha know. Of course, my occupational lethargy meant that I stayed much later than I wanted to tonight to finish some work before he comes back tomorrow.

Beyond that, it's been kicking about the house, hooked either to my stereo, a book, or a video game. Have been conducting some music-related investigations, leading to some fascinating internal monologue re: art, the process of creation, and the avant-garde. Thoughts a-brewin', as always, but I'm currently lacking the commitment or coherence (the latter is a semi-permanent state) to really do something with it. I also need to stop letting better writers preclude me from even attempting to articulate thoughts on many of the subjects I'd like to write about. I've not yet found that place inside me that millions of other bloggers have discovered that allows them to go on--usually at great length--about any number of topics, despite a painful lack of expertise or writing skill. I've always contended that the best thing about this blog is its lack of pretense of being about anything more than a clearinghouse for links and the occasional pithy remark. I'd hate to upset that delicate balance by, you know, trying to wax intelligently (inanely) about things that I find interesting. My vanity only goes so far, and my public flexing is my limit.