Thursday, November 21, 2002

Well, it's been 2 weeks, and what can I tell ya? The DVX keeps its own hours. If you don't like it, check a link on the right, yo.

Some shit has gone down in those two weeks, namely my sister and her family being robbed in their home at gunpoint. It really fucked me up, so who knows how my sister and her family are doing. My niece and nephew seem to have no lingering mental effects from it (luckily, and most thankfully, nobody was seriously hurt, though, my brother-in-law was tasered), but I'm sure my sister--the last person in this whole damn world who needs this kind of trauma--is probably still spinning this in her head. For me, I went through one of my worst weeks in recent memory, just thinking about it over and over again. And as I am wont to do, imagining how I'd feel if things had turned out worse. My family mean so much to me, and to have the people I would die for have their lives threatened just rips me up. I just want to go and fuck things up, hardcore style. But, cooler heads prevailed, and time has helped me relax a little bit. But I still worry. It's sad that I live in a place that was once the murder capital of the US and feel safe, but my sister is living in the country and is getting jacked.

On a lighter (ha!) note, I picked up the new godspeed you! black emperor disc a couple of days ago. It's sweeeet. I haven't really immersed myself into it yet, but will do so shortly. I can safely say that I think everybody should go buy it. Go on! Support some good goddamn art for a change, wanker!

That's all. There's more going on in my life, but I really don't feel poetic right now. So I'll blather on later.

"Write it on a postcard, 'Dad they broke me, dad they broke me....'"