Thursday, September 12, 2002

Well, it's been a few weeks, and the most significant event to occur (here comes duh) is the one year anniversary of September 11th. I can't say I was any more reflective yesterday than I usually am. As a matter of fact, I think i semi-consciously tried to avoid thinking too much about it. But, of course, I could only hold out for so long. Starting with prime-time TV last night and the slew of 9/11 programming, I got sucked right back into it. And most surprisingly, the impact from seeing all of those images again were still as powerful a year later. I suppose thinking a year would somehow dilute the memories was a bit naive; not that I didn't want to be effected by it, but a year is a long time for somebody--especially somebody who didn't personally lose someone to the attacks--to regroup emotionally. It just seemed natural that I wouldn't be as moved by this tragedy as I had been then. I was wrong.

In less somber news, I fixed my PS2, so I've been playing the shit out of Max Payne, which I picked up to celebrate my success. I <3 Rockstar Games. I cannot WAIT until Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is released. (And if anybody would like to be generous and reserve/buy me a copy--as seen on my Wishlist!--feel free to do so. [End shill.]